The Iowa Educational Theatre Association (Iowa EdTA) wants to help make you the best theatre educator possible! Through the Educational Theatre Association (EdTA), we provide professional development resources, networking opportunities, and advocating for the theatre field. Here are just some of the benefits our members enjoy:
- Programs and educational events, such as the annual Iowa Thespian Festival.
- Teaching Theatre, a quarterly journal for education professionals.
- Dramatics magazine, a practical classroom resource for theatre teachers and students, published monthly September through May.
Resources for Teachers
Chapter 12 outlines the standards that schools must provide as part of required school curriculum in Iowa. Any changes to language referring to fine arts in Chapter 12 affect troupe directors and their students and arts education in general.
- To read the current Chapter 12 General Accreditation Standards text, click here.
- To contact your legislator about protecting fine arts curriculum, click here.
Iowa Alliance for Arts Education Mentor Program
The Model of Excellence Mentor Program focuses on mentorship for beginning arts teachers. Administrated through the Iowa Alliance for Arts Education, the Mentorship Program is funded by the Iowa legislature and matching grants. The Iowa Model of Excellence Mentor Program is designed to enhance the established local/district/AEA/State mentoring programs. Information is tailored specifically to the individual teacher and teaching situation, and also provides for networking with other beginning and veteran teachers throughout the state. For additional information, please click here.
Educational Theatre Association Mentoring Program
The EdTA Mentor Match program reflects EdTA's commitment to you and your professional development. This unique online networking and career development tool is an EdTA members-only benefit that helps you find, connect, and share experiences with others. Your mentor or mentee can be in the same city or on the other side of the world. For more information on signing up as a mentor or mentee for the EdTA Mentoring Program, please click here.