Follow this step-by-step guide to ensure you complete each part of the registration process. If you have questions about registering, contact Aaron Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 15, 2019
Step 1: Download the 2019 Iowa Thespian Festival Guide and share with your students.
Step 2: Have students/parents sign and turn in the Festival Consent Form to you.
Step 3: Log in to our online Festival Registration System
Step 4: Register your students and chaperones on the online registration system
Step 5: Register your festival events on the online registration system
Step 6: Secure rights/royalties for all Individual Events that are necessary (if applicable)
Step 7: Ensure your scholarship students submit their audition forms (if applicable)
Step 8: Ensure your State Thespian Officer Candidates submit their application (if applicable)
Step 9: Ensure your All-State Cabaret performers and tech crew candidate submit their applications
Step 10: Recommend a student for the Michael Peitz Leadership Award (optional)
Step 11: Submit your registration
The basic registration cost per person includes…
- Seats in Gallagher-Bluedorn Performing Arts Center for mainstage productions and presentations
- Official 2019 Iowa Thespian Festival T-Shirt
- Admission to workshops, Individual Event performances and showcase, and college exhibits
- Three Meals - Friday (Lunch and Dinner) and Saturday (Lunch)
The registration fee does NOT include the costs of transportation or lodging.
Fees and Charges
Troupe Director (only one) - Free
Chaperone Fee - $75
Student Delegates - $100
Student Delegates if postmarked after October 15, 2019 - $115
Additional Fees (if applicable)
Solo Individual Events (per event) - $20
Duet or Group Individual Event (per event) - $40
College/Thespian Scholarship Auditions - $20
Tech Challenge Fee (per team) - $40
Studio Theatre Performance Fee - $60
Mainstage Performance Fee - $500
Tips for Registration
1. Be sure to register returning students for a Tshirt.
- To do this, click the Edit button next to the student's name on the registration page.
- Select the "Order Tshirt for 2019 Iowa Thespian Festival."
2. Be sure to register students for ALL applicable events
- Individual Events
- All-State Cabaret Performance
- Student Leadership Lunch
- College/Thespian Scholarship Auditions
- Mainstage or Studio Theatre Performances
- Tech Challenge
- State Thespian Officer Candidates
All events can be found on the Events drop down menu under Registration on the home page. The Festival committee will be able to schedule your students properly only if you register each student involved in each of these events. This also ensures that your invoice will be accurate.